This tutorial will teach you how to sleeve the 4 signal / side-band wires of a 12VHPWR PCie-5 connector with MDPC-X Micro-Sleeve.
We avoid trying to single-sleeve each wire, because the wire and crimp terminals of the signal / side-band connections are so extremely thin and fragile. Don’t create any unnecessary stability risk by messing around on or too close to these fine structures.
Let’s start making custom PCIe-5 signal / side-band cables!
You should have the following items and tools:
- 12VHPWR PCIe-5 connector and signal / side-band crimp terminals
- 23-AWG / 0.25 mm² wire (not less!) with a maximum outer diameter of 1.4 mm
- Clear / transparent heat-shrink which shrinks down to 2.0 mm
- Lighter or butane torch
- Nail scissor
- Utility knife or precision knife or wire-stripper
- diagonal cutter
- Measurement tool (we measure in millimeter in this guide)
- Crimping tool with the capability to crimp 23 to 26-AWG
Be creative: You can also do 4 wires in 1 sleeve with the same techniques and methods. You would then need MDPC-X XTC size sleeve.