This specific tutorial will teach you how to sleeve the 12 power wires of a 12VHPWR PCie-5 connector with MDPC-X Micro-Sleeve.
If you want to sleeve the 4 even smaller signal / side-band wires, you will find some great inspiration here -> PCIe-5 12VHPWR signal / side-band guide
Let’s start making custom PCIe-5 power cables!
You should have the following items and tools:
- 12VHPWR PCIe-5 connector and crimp terminals
- 17-AWG / 1.00 mm² wire (not less!) with a maximum outer diameter of 2.0 mm
- Clear / transparent heat-shrink which shrinks down to 1.5 mm
- Lighter or butane torch
- Nail scissor
- Utility knife or precision knife or wire-stripper
- diagonal cutter
- Long nose plier
- Measurement tool (we measure in millimeter in this guide)
- Crimping tool with the capability to crimp 15 to 16-AWG